Ten months ago, before I left for this deployment, I made a commitment to God to consecrate myself and my efforts throughout this mission. I wanted to honor that commitment to the very end. This last week has felt very much like when I was winding down my church missionary service in Brazil over 18 years ago. I literally ran until the last night because I wanted to give the Lord everything I had.
I only had a few days to teach my chaplain replacements the job I have been doing for the last nine months due to a delay in their arrival. I worked hard all the way to the end and can look back now with satisfaction that I gave it my all. I am reminded of the quote from Vince Lombardi:
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious."
Or as Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7 - "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
I have grown so much this year both professionally and personally. Only by the grace of God and the help of mentors have I been able to accomplish the things I have during this time. I am immensely grateful to Him for that.
I have left the Middle East and am in the process of demobilizing in Texas now, trying to get my days and nights back on track. I am looking forward to getting home this week to embrace my family and enjoy some rest.
Now that my travels are in the past, I can share a few pictures. My youngest daughter, Leah, gave me a small teddy bear before I left, so I took these pictures with her bear to show he has been with me all along. I plan to give it back to her with a small album of these photos.
Thanks again to all of you out there who have blessed me and my family with your thoughts, prayers, and charitable service during this time. I pray that the Lord blesses you for your kindness.
In His Service,
Chaplain John Critchfield
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment